Caldera Morning Cruise In a Nutshell
Approach the volcanic craters of Santorini on this Caldera Morning Cruise for an unforgettable experience! Continue your boat trip by swimming in the therapeutic waters of the volcano’s hot springs!
|Varies, please check the description
|Adults and children: 39€ Infants 0-4 years old: FREE
|.Explore the volcanic crater of Nea kameni..Swim in the green sulfurous waters of the volcano’s hot springs..Visit the island of Thirasia..Sail by Oia, one of the most picturesque locations of Santorini, perfect opportunity to take some memorable shots!
|.Bus transfer to and from the port.Free Wi-Fi on board
|.Snacks & beverages offered on board (not included in the price)
|.Kindly note that there is a 2.50€ entrance fee to the volcano collected by local authorities on the spot..For the volcano, wear comfortable shoes and take sun protection with you..All your personal belongings must be taken from the bus and from the boat..Languages spoken on the boat are Greek, English and German..A white bathing suit is not recommended for swimming in the hot springs.
Caldera Morning Cruise Itinerary
Your Caldera morning cruise begins with a bus transfer from the pick-up point to the Port of Athinios.
From the port, you will climb on board a traditional wooden boat to the lava island of Nea Kameni.
Once on the island, you’ll have the opportunity to hike the trail paths and approach the crater of the active volcano.
After seeing the volcano, you will walk back down and climb back on board the boat.
The captain will sail to the second lava island, Palea Kameni and reach the hot springs.
The boat will make a stop about 50 meters from the hot springs so you can dive in the waters or enjoy the view.
Your caldera boat tour continues to Thirasia Island where you’ll have 2-3 hours to explore the island.
Finally, you’ll sail back to Athinios Port, passing by Oia along the way. Take out your cameras, as you’ll have breathtaking views of the cliffs and white houses!
Once you arrive at the Port of Athinios, a bus will be waiting to take you back to your original pick-up location.
What to Expect from Caldera Morning Cruise
Join this morning caldera cruise in Santorini for a day of exploring the island’s volcanic crater, swimming in green sulfurous waters of hot springs, and sailing the enchanting waters of the Aegean! Begin your morning boat trip to Santorini’s volcano islands by hopping on your bus transfer to the Port of Athinios where you’ll climb on board a boat to Nea Kameni to explore the lava island. Continue your Santorini boat trip as you make a stop at the hot springs for a therapeutic swim. Then, visit Thirasia Island where you’ll have plenty of time to take a swim, enjoy a lunch or just wander through the island. Finish off your morning caldera cruise by sailing along the picturesque coast of Oia.
Pick up times and locations
Exo Gonia – 9:10am
- Bus Stop towards Kamari
Kamari – 9:20am
- Kamari tours Head Office (opposite the football field)
- Ag. Nektarios church
- Aegean Plaza Hotel (at the corner)
- In front of Taverna Dimitris
Monolithos – 9:25am
- Bus Stop near Mediterranean White (on the main road)
- Outside Imperial Hotel
- Outside Scorpios Hotel
- Outside Memories Hotel
Messaria – 9:05am
- Bus Stop towards Fira Town (close to the pharmacy)
Karterados – 9:10am
- At the bus stop near Zotos
- Villa Manos (on the main road)
Fira – 9:20am
- At Eparchio (opposite of the old Medical Center)
Fira – Pyrgos Main Road – 9:25am
- Nemesis Hotel
- El Greco Resort Hotel
- Astir Thira Hotel
- The Majestic Hotel Santorini
- Volcano View Hotel Santorini
- Lillium Hotel Santorini
- Petit Palace Boutique Hotel
Pyrgos – 9:30am
- Outside Orizontes Hotel & Villas
- Outside Pharmacy
- Outside Hotel Zorbas (Kritikos)
Imerovigli – 9:00am
- Rocabella Hotel (on the main road le ciel rest.)
- Taverna Tasos (on the main road)
- Pantheon Hotel (on the main road)
- At the Bus Stop (on the main street Sunbird)
Firostefani – 9:05am
- At Ag. Gerasimos church
Oia – 8:45am
- At the bus stop in the main square
- Outside Olympic Villas
- At Ag. Georgios church
- Outside Finikia Hotel
- Outside San Antonio
- Outside Meli Meli Hotel
Megalochori – 9:20am
- At the bus stop (basketball field)
- At the Family Bakery (Koskotas bakery)
- Outside Star Hotel Santorini
- Parking next to the port entrance
Vlihada – 9:05am
- Outside Tomato Museum
- Outside Taverna Meroula
Perissa – 8:55am
- Outside Romani tourist office
- Outside Santo Sun travel agency
- Outside Big Coop Supermarket
- Outside Club Meltemi
Perivolos – 9:00am
- Outside the Santo Miramare Hotel (at the local bus stop)
- At the cross road of Perivolos (opposite of Accordo/Easy Travel office)
- At the Euromarket (Pigadi)
- Outside 9 Muses Hotel
- Outside Thera Mare Hotel
- Outside Bella Santorini Hotel
Emporio – 9:05am
- In front of Sklavenitis SuperMarket
- Bus Stop at the main square
Akrotiri – 9:10am
- Outside Akrotiri Hotel
- At the main square (in front of Axion Travel)
- Outside Hotel Mathios
- Outside Apanemo Hotel
- Outside Kokkinos Villas
- Outside Caldera View Hotel
- Outside Ambassador Aegean Luxury Hotel & Suites Santorini
- Outside Bakery Gregory